Indo-Chinese style ‘Ginger Chicken’ makes a perfect quick fix side dish for your weekend party or for that matter even adapts to be a lifesaver dish for a hearty meal on a busy weeknight. The rich and bold flavor of fresh ginger tossed win soya sauce with chicken shreds and mushrooms will have you coming back for more.
- Chicken – 1 No. (1000 grams)
- Dried Mushrooms – 8 Nos.
- Onion – 2 Nos. (Finely chopped)
- Chicken Stock – 500 ml.
- Soya Sauce – 1 and 1/2 cup (355 ml)
- Fresh Ginger – 2 Tablespoons / 30 grams (Finely chopped)
- Garlic – 2 Cloves (crushed)
- Vinegar – 8 Tablespoons (120 ml.)
- Sugar – 2 Teaspoons (10 grams)
- Cornflour – 2 Tablespoons (30 grams)
- Sherry Wine or Apple Cider Vinegar – 2 Tablespoons (30 ml.)
- Tomato puree – 2 Teaspoons (10 ml)
- Pepper – To taste
- Salt – To taste
- Wash and clean the chicken, then boil the chicken in hot water. Once done, keep aside the chicken stock. Let the chicken cool and then shred it. Keep the chicken shreds aside.
- Take a saucepan and in it on a high flame combine the soya sauce, chopped onion, chopped ginger, crushed garlic, vinegar, tomato puree, sugar, salt and pepper until the resulting soya sauce mixture comes to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Take warm water and soak the dried mushrooms in it for half an hour. Then drain, rinse and cut the mushrooms into thin slices.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and add the chicken shreds. Stir for 2-3 minutes on high flame. To this add chicken stock and the prepared soya sauce mixture. Follow it by cornflour mixed with sherry wine or apple cider vinegar. Then add the sliced mushrooms and cook till the sauce thickens.
- Once done, Serve Hot.